Saturday, November 17, 2007

First Sock

I finished my first sock last weekend on the car ride up to Canada. A group of my friends and I went to Vancouver B.C. for three days to do some drinking and exploring. It was my first out of the country experience. I am indeed pleased, and have acquired a taste for Caramel Apple Martinis. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, so I have no photographic evidence of the adventure. 
I managed to slip the sock onto his foot while he was taking a nap =) I think it turned out really well!
A successful heel turn. In the past week I've started the other sock, but haven't made a lot of progress. Work and two midterms will do that to you though. I did manage to finish a scarf I started on the drive back from Vancouver. Mohair and 50% wool 50% silk held together, knit in Stockinette Stitch on size 17's. A Christmas gift for Aaron's mother. I really want to keep it.
Yesterday, I made a life altering decision: I bought a MacBook. I have been a PC user all my life, but after all the problems I had with my Compaq Presario V2000 I really needed a change. I am completely in love, but a bit confused. It has taken me a ridiculous amount of time to write this entry (figuring out how to upload the images was quite an issue) I'll figure it out.

No comments: